Saturday, September 17, 2011

How To Beat The Google Sandbox And Make Some Cash At The Same Time

I stumbled across this quite by accident. I knew it was there because I'd seen it before but I forgot about it until today.

So I did some checking to see if it still does work and based on my limited test it appears that it does.

What I'm about to explain to you may not only help get sandboxed sites indexed and ranking quicker, it can even make the site owner a little money.

I've been blogging for a few years now. I started it as a hobby and the blog I had was actually a blog before there were blogs. In other words I was "blogging" with a regular website.

Then a friend turned me on to Movable Type. It is a software which allows me to automate the publishing of content on my website.

I was having problems getting my website/blog indexed by Google back then – this was about 3 years ago.

It was also around this time that I heard of a new program called Google Adsense (https://www.google.com/adsense) in which one could place code on their web pages that would display ads, and the website owner would earn money on every click.

I thought "what a cool idea" so I immediately applied for an account. 48 hours later I was placing ads on my blog.

Shortly after this while reviewing my server logs I noticed that I was getting Google referrals! That's right, within days of placing the ads on my site, it had been fully indexed by Google and it was actually ranking quite highly for terms related to the content I was posting.

I couldn't believe my luck. Here I thought all I was going to do was make a little money on the side yet I found that the Adsense may have actually helped get my site indexed.

Remember, this was before the Sandbox, but it was a time when link popularity ruled the web. But since it was only a hobby I wasn't worried about building links. Because I already had a few loyal readers, I wasn't trying to position this site.

Flash forward to December 2005 and a friend asks me to help him set up his own blog. Actually he wants two of them – each with their own topics, and both very different in nature.

I consult with him and on February 1, 2006 we register two new domains for him.

He proceeds to build out his blogs and as he's doing this I suggest placing ads on them. At the time I wasn't thinking that it would help with indexing, just another way to increase exposure of the ads to generate more revenue for me and him.



http://www.readbud.com/Articles/Internet-Business/How-To-Beat-The-Google-Sandbox-And-Make-Some-Cash-At-The-Same-Time



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyrigth by Komunitas Android UIN SGD Bandung | Bloggerized by gie_3rd - IF.CUNGUR 2009 | Pasukan Berani Malu, West,Java